Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 1. Stuck in Portland

P360

Thanks to Hurricane Irene, we're stuck in Portland for another day. We've been re-routed through Canada and then Europe before arriving in Kenya on Monday at 1:30 in the morning.

The last few weeks have been insane. It's strange that before and after every trip the level of tension and stress goes through the roof.

Spending the day walking around Portalnd, Italian Fest and various coffee shops trying to get an internet connection.

I'm excited to begin, to learn, to see things I've never seen before. In conversations leading up to this trip, there has always been the expectation that I will be changed, that I will return different. I'm fully expecting that.

My wife and I talked about "The Trip" as it's been dubbed. We agreed that I will return with a new zeal for things not yet know. The coming weeks are pregnant with potential.

But between Africa and now is 30 hours of travel. So, I've got that going for me.

Posted via email from Color and Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment